_,,,^..^,,,_ presents Escape from New York [spoRv] – special preserved or Restored version
Mission: to restore John Carpenter’s Escape from New York brightness, contrast and color grading, plus original soundtrack and commentary.
Video sources: HDTV broadcast.
Audio sources: uncompressed PCM original soundtrack, captured directly from Collector’s Edition laserdisc, along with commentary; other soundtracks from BD and DVD.
Subtitles sources: to reflect soundtracks.
Personally, “Escape from New York” is one of my favourite movies; after I discovered that the EU Blu-ray is really bad, and the US Blu-ray is very dark, I began to search a better alternative; I found that the HDTV version broadcasted by HDNet is maybe the best compromise. The HDTV will be used as video source.
Plus, the Collector’s Edition laserdisc will be used to add the original soundtrack and the commentary.
- Escape from New York – HDTV HDNet
- Escape from New York – Collector’s edition Laserdisc – PCM Dolby Surround
- Escape from New York – Collector’s edition Laserdisc – Commentary
- Escape from New York – PAL German laserdisc
- Escape from New york – various BD and DVD.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
Final format: BD-25
- x264 1920×1080, 23.976fps, 26mbps
- English DTS-HD MA 1509kbps 5.1 16bit 48kHz – from Blu-ray
- English AC3 384kbps 5.1 16bit 48kHz – from HDTV
- English PCM 1536kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz Dolby Surround – from PCM LD
- French AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz Dolby Surround – from DVD
- German AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz Dolby Surround – from PCM LD
- Italian AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz Dolby Surround – from DVD
- Spanish AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz Dolby Surround – from DVD
- English AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz commentary – from DVD; originally from LD
- English AC3 192kbps 2.0 16bit 48kHz commentary – from DVD
- Main animated menu, static soundtrack and subtitle settings menu, static chapters menu
- Blu-ray custom made outside and inside covers, plus disc label; 32 chapters; restored theatrical trailer
- Tested on Playstation 3 (two different models)
“Partner in crime”:
- TheAluminumFalcon to provide me .torrent link for a video source
- Stamper for the french soundtrack and the english, french and spanish subs
- anonymous for the english and german laserdisc soundtracks
- CatBus, for help with subtitles
- THE LAST JOHNY ON THE LEFT for the animated video used for BD menu